So this weeked I had one of my girlfriends from high school come down, and we had a great weekend. Trista got in Thursday afternoon, and we couldn't do a lot that day because Mr. Grant NEEDED a nap. So we just grilled out and drank beer on the patio. It was a much needed relaxing evening! Friday we went to this place called the Lazy 5 Ranch. It is right down the road and has over 700 different animals from 6 different continents. They also have a petting zoo, play area, and blacksmith shop. So you can either take a horse drawn carriage ride through the "safari" or you can drive your car through. When you first enter you get buckets of feed pellets so you can feed the animals. Well we got there and realized that the carriage rides were like 20 people deep so we decided to drive. I have to say that I was very impressed with the Lazy 5 Ranch. Not only do they have a ton of neat animals but they walk right up to your car or they will walk right in front of your car and just stop. And they eat out of your hand!!! They had Emu's (those birds are so creepy looking), deers, zebras, giraffes, rhinocerous, buffalo, rams, pigs, long-horn cattle just to name a few. The horns on the long horn cattle are at least 3-4 feet long on each side!!! Pretty impressive!! They would just walk right next to your car (I really was praying that it didn't decide to use my car as a scratch post) We had a really great time and a great weekend!!!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Loved the pics, He is sooooo beautiful.Thanks for the update.
Luv ya ma
I'm so glad you and Trista had a nice visit :) I'm sure that was great for you to have a friend around :) What car do you have now? I love it!!
WHAT A FUN PLACE :)
MAYBE YOU CAN TAKE ME THERE ON OUR NEXT VISIT!!!
MEME LOVES YA
XOXOXO
Post a Comment